Tuesday 19 June 2007

naam


OK...first I wanna say sorry for not posting...my minds been a bit haywire...Have you ever wanted to do something so bad that you think TOO much about it, and nothing comes out? That's why I let it come to ME instead this time...however while thinking about this I thought about t question a pahji came up with on a forum....


"Tenets of Sikhi

1. Nam Japna

2. Kirat Karni

3. Vand Shakna

I solely believe in the teachings of SGGS and i do believe WAHEGURU is there but i am unable to get around the "merging with god" part. I mean doesn't that make us self-centered. We are on this earth(in human form) to do the above mentioned things. I totally understand the "kirat karni" and "vand shakna". What confuses me is "nam japna", shoudln't nam japna be living in bhayai of akal purakh, shouldn't it be done as shukrana (thankfulness) for what akal purakh has bestowed upon us, counting our blessing, living in the bhana of waheguru. But instead we do naam jap to merge with waheguru..isn't that an attribute of a selfcentered individual and in doing so are we just strengthening the wall between us and humility??me confused..please express your thoughts..."


swis swis hir nwmu iDAweIAY ]saas saas har naam dhhiaaeeai

With each and every breath, I meditate on the Lord's Name.


I thought this was a great question, it took some time to digest, and there were some great answers. (check out sikhsangat.com) I'm gonna give my take on things...

To an extent I think that it is selfcentred to wish to merge with Waheguru...as i do simran I often lose myself in pointless thoughts, but sometimes I concentrate hard...I think to myself how much I love GuruJi and my wish to be with him...but then when I finish I think....is Guru Ji staying away because I WANT him to come? Am I just wanting him to come so I can say...'I experienced a meeeting with God?' these thoughts pop into my mind...and I dont want them to, and I know in my heart that I wish for waheguru because I love him...So, I think it doesnt matter that you wanna meet Waheguru.....you should do it because Guru Ji told us to, with a clean mind and clean heart, otherwise we'll never be able to meet Guru Ji....another Pahji summed it up as... 'Guru Ji meets us, not the otherway round'....HE decides....also by Jappin Naam, it doesnt automatically mean you should meet Waheguru Ji...there are many different methods but they only work if you have utmost HUMILITY....if you recite bani or wear bana and do it with arrogance or pride, there is no humility - at the end of the day you should do it for Guru Ji - noone else!


mnu qnu qyrw qU DxI grbu invwir smyau ]3]man than thaeraa thoo dhhanee garab nivaar samaeo 3

Mind and body are Yours; You are my Master. Please rid me of my pride, and let me merge with You. 3


If you Jaap Naam with humility and love, what is stopping you? ...at some point it should then get to the point where Waheguru is in our thoughts every second of the day, on our every breath we take...we should remember Waheguru and be thankful towards Waheguru that he has given us the chance to change our futures by giving us lives as humans and also make up for our past janams....then we might find peace...waheguruuuu


swis swis mnu nwmu sm@wrY iehu ibsRwm iniD pweI ]1]saas saas man naam samhaarai eihu bisraam nidhh paaee 1

With each and every breath, my mind remembers the Naam, the Name of the Lord; in this way, it finds the treasure of peace. 1


No comments: