Saturday 9 June 2007

The creator and the creation


I was just sitting in the study yesterday evening and I was whistling and singing along (not very well) to some Kirtan tracks on the computer. Suddenly a small bird came and stood on the patio...it was eating ants or something and out of nowhere it seemed to sing along with me...I turned the kirtan off and sang and whistled and the bird was replying. I thought it was awesome. I've always had a thing for animals and plants since I was a kid. A few years ago - the same kinda bird flew down onto my shoulder as I played in the front garden. Dont ask me why, it just did. I've loved gardening since I was a kid. I think Waheguru's creation is beyond words. The beauty is everywhere. This is why I fail to understand why 'athiests etc.' question and say if 'God is real, where is he? Why is their so much pain in the world if he is so great?' Well then I say to those of you who feel that way that all you have to do is look at the creation, look at the complexity.
Kbir krqu hY pwq pq fwlI ]2]khabar karath hai paath path ddaalee
2He takes care of every leaf and branch. 2

jw krqw isrTI kau swjy Awpy jwxY soeI ]jaa karathaa sirat(h)ee ko saajae aapae jaanai soee
The Creator who created this creation-only He Himself knows.

Pick up something as small and 'simple' (to the human thought) as a leaf. Then look closer. It is so beautiful, complex and wonderous that it could not have just happened from say a 'big bang'. Look at its veins and colours and think about how they change along with the seasons...

kir kir vyKY kIqw Awpxw ijv iqs dI vifAweI ]kar kar vaekhai keethaa aapanaa jiv this dhee vaddiaaee
Having created the creation, He watches over it Himself, by His Greatness.

I believe that Waheguru created us and left us to it and only intervenes when Waheguru Ji wants to...this is Hukam...There is a bigger picture that we can never possibly understand and why should we try? The bad things that occur in this world only occur because of bad people. So why should Waheguru be blamed for this? What we should be thinking always is 'WHen you hurt the creation, you hurt the creator!'

No comments: