Friday 16 May 2008

I did it My Way




Lots of times you have to pretend to join a parade in which you're not really interested in order to get where you're going.
Christopher Darlington Morley (1890-1957)




Now, I wouldn't really describe compromise like this. It seems as if Mr. Morley is saying that when we compromise we pretend that we care about what the other person(s) has to say about a matter. But isn't that just being pretentious?




The way I look at it...compromise is more like doing something, which you normally wouldn't do, in order to please the other person because you genuinely care about what they feel. It's another road to get to the same destination...it just might be a bit bumpier and mayber longer. But we know it's worth it in the end because we've gained more than we've lost from it.




Today I had a choice. I could have put my foot down and said, 'I won't help face-paint those kids at the party tomorrow AT ALL' (because I really don't feel like spending a day with some hyper-active kids...as much as I love them.) Instead I decided to wake up extra early tomorrow; do my revision, plant my flowers in the garden and spend some time with my Father...BEFORE going to Slough for a few hours to the party to help out. This way, my Mum was happy, my sister was happy, the birthday girl was happy and I was happiest because I know I get the best of both worlds.




mwnu qwnu qij isAwnp srix nwnku AwieAw ]4]1]152]


maan thaan thaj siaanap saran naanak aaeiaa 41152


Renouncing his pride in strength and cleverness, Nanak has come to the Lord's Sanctuary. 41152

No comments: