Wednesday 4 November 2009

Indeed


I haven't posted in the last few days. Simply because I was worried I'd write something I'd regret in anger and wouldn't be able to take it back. Anger can get the best of us, what can I say? I know the past 5 days have been pretty crucial writing times for sikhs but I gotta admit. I've been busy. It's reading week for the law students here. I got a lot of work to do my Monday (great...)
I've also been busying myself with writing to Indian Newspapers on their shocking bias and clear apathy in articles regarding 1984.
I'm not going to go into a history about 1984. There are countless websites on the issue (and no, I don't mean the novel - I'm talking about the anti-sikh pogroms of Delhi, d'uh!!!) I won't retell the tragic stories, which can also be read elsewhere. However, I will voice my disatisfaction with the Indian State and it's clear disregard for Human Rights - forget Sikhs, but christians, muslims, dalits, women and tribal people - anyone who's a minority basically is at risk in India of having to deal with; prejudice, attack, racism, segregation and much more. It gets me angry just thinking about it...........worlds' largest democracy my ass...
**DEEP BREATH**
Don't get me wrong, I still love India....I just don't like the State. I went to a lecture on Monday on the issues, the sequence of events etc. with sources and facts backed up by non-sikhs - which made the facts seem more 'real' in a sense (not that sikh sources are any lower - just sometimes you need to hear things from 'other' people). It was really good.

ANYWAY.....

My brother is coming to stay with me tomorrow!! It's gonna be epic. We've really missed eachother since I moved out - since we're so close in age (less than a year) and spend so much time together. I can't wait!
I have SO much work to do - but simultaniously I'm working for a script for a film for next years sikhnet film festival ( I was inspired by Atlanta's Angad Singh). I can't wait to start shooting in January, if all goes well! Wish me luck.
I'm also trying to fit in painting AND work on my graphic novel on sikhism - which was put on hold a LONG time ago cos of college work n the whole family dilemma. SO at the moment all seems to be going well.... we shall see eh??

This doesn't really go with what I wrote about just now, but I like it - stood out to me :


galee bhisath n jaaeeai shhuttai sach kamaae

By mere talk, people do not earn passage to Heaven. Salvation comes only from the practice of Truth.

No comments: