Saturday 13 September 2008

Maya


My brother was listening to this song recently and the lyrics kinda just struck me.... this guy is OBVIOUSLY talking about a girl, Okay, I'm aware of that. However, it felt like he could be talking about Maya and what a hold it has over us...some of the lyrics really hit me...



Closer

closer

closer

closer

Turn the lights off in this place

And she shines just like a star

And I swear I know her face

I just don't know who you are

Turn the music up in here

I still hear her loud and clear

Like she's right there in my ear

Telling me that she wants to

own me

To control me

Come closer

Come closer

And I just can't pull myself away

Under Her Spell I can't break

I just can't stop I just can't stop I just can't stop I just can't stop

And I just can't break myself no way

But I don't want to escape

I just can't stop I just can't stop I just can't stop I just can't stop I just can't stop

I can feel her on my skin

I can taste her on my tongue

Shes the sweetest taste of sin

The more I get the more I want

She wants to own me.....

Come closer She says "come closer"

And I just can't pull myself away

Under Her Spell I can't break

I just can't stop I just can't stop I just can't stop I just can't stop

And I just can't break myself no way

But I don't want to escape I just can't stop I just can't stop

I just can't stop I just can't stop I just can't stop (Come closer) (Come closer) (Come closer) (Come closer) (Come closer) (Come closer) (Come closer)

I just can't stop nooooo I just can't stop nooooo I just can't stop nooooo I just can't stop nooooo And I just can't pull myself away

Under Her Spell I can't break

I just can't stop I just can't stop I just can't stop I just can't stop

And I just can't break myself no way

But I don't want to escape

I just can't stop I just can't stop I just can't stop I just can't stop I just can't stop

And I just can't pull myself away

Under Her Spell I can't break

I just can't stop I just can't stop I just can't stop I just can't stop I just can't stop...




jnmu ibRQw jwq rMig mwieAw kY ]1] rhwau ]

janam brithhaa jaath ra(n)g maaeiaa kai 1 rehaao

You are squandering this life uselessly in the love of Maya. 1Pause

Guru Arjan Dev Ji So Purakh 12


bwbw mwieAw rcnw Dohu ]

baabaa maaeiaa rachanaa dhhohu

O Baba, the splendor of Maya is deceptive

Guru Nanak Dev Ji Siree Raag 15


kwhy grbis mUVy mwieAw ]

kaahae garabas moorrae maaeiaa

You fool! Why are you so proud of Maya?

Guru Nanak Dev Ji Siree Raag 23

No comments: