Friday 17 August 2007

Don't be lazy


It's been a full month since my last post....I finally got a job, also the comic, my reading for history coursework, my personal statement, my cousins' wedding and my lil sister have taken up all my time...


I haven't done simran properly in a while I'm so tired - I know it's no excuse, but I feel that I can't pray for the sake of praying..just because I have to. When I pray my whole heart has to be in it. I have to concentrate, clear my mind - otherwise why pray? I know in my heart it wont help me to pray like that so I won't. Bu at the same time I dont feel so at peace without the power of Naam. A friend said that we should focus on our own jeevans which I agree on...I always think 'man you got no clue' when people just refuse to understand the power of Naam Simran. So...tomorrow morning I'm going to puch myself to do my nitnem and so simran too. This Hukamnama really seemed to hit me today...


August 17, 2007, Friday 04:45 AM. IST]

SHALOK, FIFTH MEHL:

That body, which does not meditate in remembrance on the Lord's Name in the Saadh Sangat, shall be reduced to dust. Cursed and insipid is that body, O Nanak, which does not know the One who created it. 1 FIFTH MEHL: Let His Lotus Feet abide within your heart, and with your tongue, chant the Name of the Lord of the World. O Nanak, meditate in remembrance on God, and nurture this body of yours. 2 PAUREE:


No comments: